New year new me! Lol I feel like I just had to say that. Welcome to 2019 everyone! Never in my life have I ever made a legit New Year’s resolution. Of course, every year I say out loud “I’m going to lose weight” or “I’m going to be a better person” but I’ve never actually written down a New Year’s resolution with the intent of following through with it.
I’ve always been the type of person that has to write anything and everything down if I am going to accomplish something. I keep a small planner with me at all times to keep track of what it is I need to do that day, week or month. I also keep a stack of sticky notes nearby at all times to jot down quick errands or things I need to remember.
In 2018, I learned a lot about myself and who I am as Ayla. I no longer let a guy, a sorority title, a pageant title or some other group or class define who I am. I feel like everything you go through in life helps you grow and mature, therefore I am thankful for every little path I have taken thus far. In 2018 I took a huge leap of faith and maybe one day I’ll feel comfortable sharing that story with you guys, but for now, all I will tell you is taking that chance opened a new and beautiful chapter to my life. In the last 7-8 months I have learned so much about myself and have a completely different outlook on life.
There are so many things that I would like to accomplish this year and figured I would share a few of them with you guys. I have a few personal goals, relationship goals and goals for my blog but I’m going to list the goals that may help motivate some of you! Here we go:
- Read 15 books this year (and write a blog post review on the books)
- Take ALL of my vitamins every day…. all 10 of them lol
- Be more present. Meaning, less time on social media and more time enjoying the moment.
- Find new hobbies and interest. I’m tired of being the one who is scared of living life and trying new things. It’s time I step out of my comfort zone and live a little!
- Cooking lessons with Matt. I would like to cook dinner at home at least 4 nights a week.
- Continue working out 5 days a week. No excuses! (Going on 5 months strong whoo-hoo)
- Love myself. ~ sorry if this one is a little deep.. but I am so guilty of always putting myself down and thinking negative things about myself.
- BE MORE POSITIVE & LOVE LIFE. People pick up on your energy. There is no reason for me to be a negative Nancy when life is SO GREAT! Smile at others more! Be thankful more often! Tell the people I love that I love them more often. I am blessed in more ways than one so there is no reason that I shouldn’t be more positive.
- Put more time/effort into my blog. – I have personal goals for my blog written down for myself. I can promise you guys that I will be more involved and focused on my blog. I loved hearing everyone’s feedback and what you guys want to see more of this year. I am already working on some great posts!
If you don’t already own a little planner/agenda books, I totally advise you to get one. If you just make it part of your Monday routine to write out everything that you need to accomplish that week, I promise you will get so much done. I am going to list a few of my favorite agenda books for this year. Of course, I only needed one for myself… but it took me 3 weeks to decide on one because there are so many cute ones to choose from!
I would love to hear what your 2019 goals are! Write them down, read them out loud and feel free to share them with me.